The CEO Magazine today announced entries are now open for the 2016 Executive of the Year Awards, which recognise individual excellence in high-level executives across Australia. This year, The CEO Magazine is excited to introduce the two brand new awards categories: Professional Services Executive of the Year, to showcase the entrepreneurs whose achievements are shaping the tertiary sector; and Sport and Recreation Executive of the Year, which honours the outstanding work of senior employees across this diverse industry.
Chris Dutton, CEO and Co-founder of The CEO Magazine says: “With new businesses launching every single day, we felt the need to make our Awards categories slightly more expansive.
These two additional categories provide an opportunity to recognise and celebrate some of the key individuals—who have such an impact on their industries and the economy more broadly—who might otherwise have been overlooked.”
On the annual Executive of the Year Awards, Dutton adds, “The Awards are a wonderful way to acknowledge individual success-stories and the people at the front-line; who make corporations tick. The high calibre of nominations we receive every year, and the amazing support by the business community, sets the bar higher each year.”
Now in its fifth year, the 2016 Executive of the Year Awards will be held in Sydney on 24 November at Four Points by Sheraton, Darling Harbour, Sydney, and will be hosted once again by Eddie McGuire. The event is anticipated to be the biggest yet, with more than 550 guests and nominees from the country’s most respected and innovative brands expected to attend.
The Executive of the Year Awards is one of the most important and prestigious annual events on the business calendar. The Awards themselves do not focus on a company’s success, as many do, rather the spotlight is on the success of individuals; namely senior executives such as CEOs, Managing Directors, CFOs, CIOs, Directors, and senior-level management. The Awards recognise the achievements of individual executives over the past year, and the contributions they have made to their companies.
An expert panel of highly-regarded business professionals will judge the Executive of the Year Awards. Collectively, their knowledge covers the broad spectrum of award categories presented at the event. The judges are well-respected experts in their industries, with vast experience in their professional careers. This year the panel will include:
- Naomi Simson, Founder, RedBalloon
- Scott Stavretis, CEO, Acquire BPO
- Mark van Dyck, Managing Director APAC, Compass Group
- John Karagounis, CEO, The CEO Circle
- Chris Dutton, CEO and Co-founder, The CEO Magazine
- Daniel Di Loreto, Managing Director, The CEO Magazine
Entries can be submitted here. Entries close 9am AEST, Thursday 30 June, 2016. Finalists will be announced Thursday 18 August, 2016.
- Media Executive of the Year
- Transport and Logistics Executive of the Year
- IT and Telecommunications Executive of the Year
- Health and Pharmaceutical Executive of the Year
- Hospitality and Tourism Executive of the Year
- Energy and Resources Executive of the Year
- Building and Construction Executive of the Year
- Manufacturing Executive of the Year
- Retail Executive of the Year
- Financial Services Executive of the Year
- Professional Services Executive of the Year – NEW
- Sport and Recreation Executive of the Year – NEW
- Executive Assistant of the Year
- Young Executive of the Year
- Not-for-profit Executive of the Year
- Start-up Executive of the Year
- Marketing Executive of the Year
- Sales Executive of the Year
- HR Executive of the Year
- CIO of the Year
- CFO of the Year
- Chairperson of the Year
- Managing Director of the Year
- CEO of the Year
The CEO Magazine’s 2016 Executive of the Year Awards is proudly sponsored by: Maserati, Sunsuper, BoardPad, LeasePlan, Roy Hill, Hancock Prospecting, and Acquire BPO.
For further information, or to purchase tickets to this prestigious event, please visit executiveawards.com.au