In order to achieve your ultimate business success you need to run your body as you run your business, and vice versa. Know your personal goals as well as your business goals, understand the day-to-day operations landscape and plan accordingly.
Often, as people advance in age and in seniority at work they can’t clearly define what vitality and their best personal life actually looks like.
It’s easy to talk numbers for the business but how do we define success for personal vitality as well?
Learn to integrate your time
Work-life balance is a myth; the actual results come when you have a work-life blend—a fully integrated week that enables you to work on building your business and your personal life without compromising either.
Prioritise the 6 Pillars of Vitality
- Health and wellbeing—fitness, food, time out, de-stress
- Admin/productivity/career and future proofing Budgets, business, career development, succession planning and growth—know your books at home as well as at work
- Family time Quality time NOW
- Friends Choose those you genuinely enjoy the company of
- Me time A complete reboot, specifically without distractions
- Giving back Spend some quality time with your kids, mentor someone at work or do something small on a local level. Simplicity and authenticity are key.
It seems like a lot to fit into one day but it’s about changing your perspective on what healthy, wealthy and wise looks like and what the roadmap is to get there.
Overcome barriers to business success
Get out of your own way. Often the biggest barrier we have to achieving energy, harmony and sustainable personal and business success is our own stories about how things should go.
We put a lot of pressure on ourselves that’s based on assumptions and an old mindset; how the day should go; how many hours you should be at the office; what exercise should look like, and the fact you should get home to your family.
You have permission and the power to change this—overnight. The fastest way you can re-wire your hard drive is to see your day and your winning week as a whole—to plan running your body and your life like you do your business.
Communicate your goals
As a leader at work you’re also a leader in life. Communicate your goals, share your successes, inspire others to lead their best life in and out of the office. Our work, if truly aligned, is an extension of ourselves. Our personality, skills, knowledge and approach needs to shine through at all levels in the boardroom and at home.
4 goals for success
- Review persona and wellbeing goals every 90 days, like you do your business
- Make family time and fitness transparent in your agenda
- Be clear about your priorities without grand gestures—consistency is key
- Lead by example
Be accountable, be transparent, re-assess goals and your day-to-day time allocation regularly. If it’s not adding to your Vitality Bank then most likely you’re making withdrawals on your overall financial and happiness results.
To master ultimate business success we must learn to be the CEO of our life as well as our profession.
 The 6 Pillars Of Ultimate vitality are copyright to Nikki Fogden-Moore and The Vitality Road Map