The CEO Magazine Montblanc 1858 Geosphere competition
- The Promoter is Bean Media Pty Ltd ABN 28 126 697 747 of 1/7 Grosvenor Place, Brookvale NSW 2100, telephone number 02 8925 7400.
- Information on how to the enter competition (Promotion) and prizes form part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- If there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and anything else that refers to this Promotion, these terms and conditions will prevail.
- The Sponsor is Richemont Group (trading as Montblanc) ABN 99 003 432 504 of 74 Castlereagh St, Sydney.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to all Australian residents who are individuals aged 18 years and over except employees and immediate families of Promoter and their associated companies and agencies. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de facto spouse, child or step child (natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute may be offered.
When to enter
- Entries must be received by Promoter prior to the Promotion close dates and times. The competition starts at 10 AM (Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)) on 16 October 2020 on closes at 530 PM (AEDT) on 10 March 2021. Selection of winners will occur at Promoter’s address referred to at paragraph 1 above.
- The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
How to enter
- Entrants must enter the Promotion by electronically completing and submitting a feedback form for this competition. The feedback form is available here and here . Alternatively, entrants may enter the Promotion by responding to an electronic message directed to them. Details for electronically submitting the form accompany the Promotion details in such media.
- By entering, all entrants agreed to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. For the purposes of these requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text) that entrants submit in connection with their entry into the Promotion.
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms & conditions or who has, in the reasonable opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion, the Sponsor and/or Promoter.
Number of Entries permitted
- Entries Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate for any reason (for example because they are disparaging or unlawful) are ineligible. There is a limit of one entry per individual and for this purpose an individual may be counted by an address (so that more than one entry using a particular address will be ineligible, regardless of whether more than one individual uses the same address) or by a feature which Promoter reasonably considers indicative of one entrant regardless of the use of different email addresses (for example an entrant or household using multiple email addresses). The Promoter may, however, accept an entry from three separate free digital editions of The CEO Magazine ANZ from the same individual.
Draw and Notification of winner
- Entries are required to answer in writing, in 25 words or less:
To which Australian event would the entrant wear the Montblanc 1858 Geosphere timepiece, and why?
- The Promotion does not involve an element of chance. The winner will be selected based on the judge’s assessment of entrants’ skill. Judging will be by a judge who is appropriately qualified to judge entries. The judging criteria will be originality, clarity and how entrants have captured the spirit of the prize. The judge’s decision will be final. Promoter will aim to undertake the determination of the winner in a fair and transparent manner. Winning is not contingent on being present at selection of winners. Members of the public will not be given the opportunity to witness selection of winners.
- The selected winner will be notified by phone and email details provided by selected winner within 24 hours of the result.
- The prize will be awarded by Promoter and the Sponsor to the person named in the entry.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrants’ responsibility to notify Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
- The prize is a Montblanc 1858 Geosphere watch valued at A $9,600 (including GST). The value is the usual or recommended Australian retail or market value of the prize at the commencement of the Promotion.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- The prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- There may be terms applicable to prizes in addition to those set out in these terms and conditions. The Sponsor, and not the Promoter, is the supplier of the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of supply of the prize and the Sponsor’s reasonable requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to inform themselves such conditions. Before allocating a prize, Promoter may ask entrant to agree to some terms in addition to these terms and conditions. These would be (a) a statutory declaration confirming eligibility to be a winner; (b) giving Promoter additional information Promoter reasonably requests as being appropriate to allocate and manage the award of the prize and prize claiming and (c) where the prize involves participation by others nominated by an entrant, their consents to the collections, uses and disclosures of information about them which are similar to those entrant give under these terms and conditions. These additional terms may be with someone other than Promoter. A copy of these additional terms will be sent to entrants on request during the Promotion period and, if an entrant is selected as a winner, before they decide whether to claim the prize. If Promoter ask an entrant to sign and return any such additional terms and Promoter does not receive signed copies from entrant within one week (or such longer period as the law requires) after Promoter’s request, Promoter may take it that entrant has decided not to claim entrants’ prize, declare entrant as ineligible as a winner and select an alternate winner. Entry into the Promotion must not be via any entry mechanism other than the entry mechanism expressly stated by the Promoter.
- The winner will be given the opportunity to receive the prize in person at a VIP event at the Montblanc store in Sydney, NSW, Australia. The winner is responsible for their own transport and other costs and expenses if winner elects to attend such or any other event invited by Promoter or Sponsor. Such costs and expenses to be borne solely by winner may include winner’s and any companion/s costs and expenses relating to tickets, spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, incidentals, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs.
- Promoter will not substitute a prize unless the substituted prize is of the same or greater value than the original prize and the winner either agrees in writing or the original prize is unavailable due to circumstances beyond Promoter’s control and Promoter has made reasonable but unsuccessful attempts to reach agreement with the winner. If possession of a prize cannot be taken for any length of time after selection of a winner, Promoter may award to the prize to another entrant or at Promoter’s sole discretion deal with it prior to it being made available to the winner in a way Promoter considers reasonably appropriate (which may include, preserving its reasonable value and after deducting the reasonable costs of any disposal having the proceeds held in trust for the ultimate winner).
Further terms and conditions
- Subject to complying with all mandatory laws, Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of Promoter corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or use of or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If any circumstances occur beyond Promoter’s reasonable control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or epidemic or other disease, which in Promoter’s reasonable opinion mean that the Promotion cannot or should not proceed as planned or may be impacted by less than appropriate standards of security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct, Promoter may in its sole discretion do any or all of the following: disqualify any individual implicated in any such circumstances and do what the Promoter considers reasonably appropriate to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- Invalid entries include those which in Promoter’s reasonable opinion are automatically or mechanically produced entries (including entries assisted by scripting software); entries prepared or submitted by or for a third party (not involving circumstances to assist with a disability as referred to above) and entries which have incorrect contact details. If an entrant is awarded a prize based on an invalid entry, the entrant must immediately return the prize to Promoter. Entrants agree that they will comply with any reasonable request by Promoter for whatever documentation Promoter deems reasonably appropriate to confirm whether an entry is valid or not .
- Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to enjoy any benefit from the prize as stated.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner not eligible to be the winner under terms and conditions.
Copyright, Waiver and liability
- All entrants agree that this is a promotion of Promoter and Sponsor only and that entrants will participate on that basis. Entrants agree that they will not sell or otherwise make their circumstances relevant to the Promotion or the prize (including their story and/or photographs) available to anyone for promotional purposes, other than Promoter and Sponsor. Records (including photographs) will be allowed only at the discretion of Promoter.
- Publicity: All entries become the property of the Promoter and the Sponsor. By entering, entrant agrees that whether or not entrant is selected as a winner, Promoter, Promoter’s group companies and those with whom Promoter or those others have commercial alliances (eg prize providers and trademark licensors), and without payment of any fee or obtaining any further consents (a) may use and disclose information about or depicting entrant (eg entrants’ image and/or voice) to promote goods and services using such media (including electronic media such as email, SMS and social media platforms) and in such ways as is reasonable in the circumstances; and (b) will be given such cooperation as is reasonably requested of entrant as regards participation in media requests, eg being interviewed and photographed.
- Law and Promoter’s liability for the Promotion: These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws in force in the state of New South Wales , Australia. Subject to entrants’ rights under Consumer Laws referred to below, entrants agree that in relation to the Promotion: (a) Promoter will not be liable for any circumstances in connection with the Promotion which are beyond Promoter’s reasonable control; (b) if Promoter is or becomes liable to entrants for any reason, Promoter’s liability will be limited to any out-of-pocket expenses incurred by entrant up to a maximum of the total prize value referred to above; (c) Promoter will not be liable for any other damages (whether those other damages are referred to as direct, indirect, consequential, special or otherwise) nor shall Promoter be liable for any act or omission, negligent or otherwise, except to the extent allowed for in paragraph (b); (d) if any circumstances in connection with the Promotion occur which require some action by Promoter, Promoter may take such action as a reasonable promoter in Promoter’s circumstances would take by way of response. Without limiting other paragraphs in these terms and conditions, in some circumstances, this may involve cancelling the Promotion and any award of prizes under it; and (e) Promoter are bound only by the terms set out or referred to in these terms and conditions in respect of the Promotion and only those terms govern this Promotion and set out Promoter’s agreement.
Entrants’ rights under Consumer Law
- Regardless of anything else in these terms and conditions, nothing in these terms and conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the application of Consumer Laws or the exercise of any rights or remedies entrant may have under Consumer Laws where any such exclusion, restriction or modification would contravene Consumer Laws. “Consumer Laws” refers to the Australian Consumer Law under Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), the Fair Trading Amendment (Australian Consumer Law) Act 2010 NSW and any applicable similar consumer protection laws in the states and territories of Australia.
- In respect of entrants’ promises under these terms and conditions, Promoter, in entering into the terms of these terms and conditions shall be deemed to be doing so for Promoter and also as agent for and on behalf of and for the benefit of each of Promoter’s Associates and, to this extent, each of Promoter’s Associates shall be deemed to be a party to the terms of these terms and conditions and entrants’ promises under these terms and conditions are enforceable by each of Promoter and each of Promoter’s Associates directly. In these terms and conditions, ‘Promoter’s Associates’ includes a director, officer, employee, agent or subcontractor of Promoter; any related body corporate of the Promoter within the meaning of, in Australia, the Corporations Act 2001; a body corporate that is engaged in a joint venture with Promoter; if Promoter transfers to, or licences, anyone to undertake any of Promoter’s obligations under these terms and conditions , any transferee or licensee respectively.
- Complaints: If entrants are dissatisfied with the conduct of the Promotion and remain so after any contact with Promoter, they may if they choose to make a written complaint to the government agency which regulates trade promotions in entrants’ Promoter will provide entrant with agency details on request.