The CEO Magazine Executive of the Year Awards is now beyond its tenth year running and continues to set the benchmark for recognising business excellence across multiple industries and disciplines.
The hardest task is deciding the right category for potential award recipients to enter – and we’ve got those answers for you right here.
Executive of the Year Awards categories
For 2022, The CEO Magazine has streamlined past categories to ensure the excitement remains high through more competition without compromising on diversity.
- CEO of the Year $0-100 million+ turnover
- CEO of the Year +$100 million+ turnover
- Managing Director of the Year
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Young Executive of the Year
- Startup Executive of the Year
- Not-for-Profit Executive of the Year
Executive of the Year Awards criteria
In order for us to recognise the best executives in Australia, there are some mandatory requirements for all applications. If you have any questions about these, please contact [email protected].
To be an eligible applicant you must:
- Be able to demonstrate excellence in your role
- Be employed in a private, public, not-for-profit, government organisation or a registered charity in Australia
- Have an annual turnover of more than A$3 million (This excludes the CEO of the Year Awards, Not-For-Profit, Start-up and Entrepreneur categories)
- Reside in Australia
- Work for an organisation that has an Australian Business Number (ABN) / Australian Company Number (ACN)
- Be available (if necessary) for an interview with the judges (finalists only)
- Be available (if necessary) for a photoshoot (finalists only)
- Be available to attend the Awards Ceremony in Sydney on date to be confirmed.
To be an eligible applicant you must NOT:
- Have filed for bankruptcy
- Be affiliated with The CEO Magazine through investments or donations
- Have been a judge in the 2020 or 2021 Executive of the Year Awards.
Categories in more detail
All applicants must:
- Submit a video as an application.
CEO of the Year applicants must:
- Hold the title CEO
- Be available (if necessary) for an interview with judges (finalists only)
- Supply annual turnover in $AUD
- Answer FY21/FY22 questions.
Managing Director of the Year applicants must:
- Hold the title MD
Startup Executive of the Year applicants must:
- Be the founder, co-founder or executive of a business that has been established, founded and/or incorporated since 1st January 2019, with close or substantial connections within the Australian business community
Young Executive of the Year applications must:
- Be under 35 years of age as of 30 June 2022
Entrepreneur of the Year must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Qualify as an entrepreneur or as someone who has identified a problem and found a solution that affects positive change to society
Ready to apply? Visit our applications page now.
This year’s winners will be announced at the award ceremony on Wednesday 9th November at Doltone House Jones Bay Wharf, Pyrmont, Sydney.