Financial services company IG Group listed the 10 heads of state or government in OECD (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development) countries with the largest pay cheques per annum. There are 36 OECD countries and their mission is to support policies that improve the social and economic wellbeing of people around the world.
While Queen Elizabeth II took the crown for highest paid head of state, former Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull held the title of highest paid head of government.
Find out who else made the list of highest-earning world leaders:
- Queen Elizabeth II, United Kingdom
- King Philippe, Belgium
- Queen Margrethe II, Denmark
- Emperor Akihito, Japan
- King Willem-Alexander, Netherlands
- Former Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull, Australia
- President Alain Berset, Switzerland
- Chancellor Walter Thurnherr, Switzerland
- President Alexander Van der Bellen, Austria
- President Donald Trump, US